Unlocking the Advantages of Polycarbonate Awnings
Polycarbonate is a remarkable material that is as versatile as it is strong. With a multitude of uses in the home, garden, and business, polycarbonate is changing the way we think about glazing.
One of the uses that polycarbonate is perfect for is awnings. The unique properties of polycarbonate make it an ideal choice for creating durable, protective, and aesthetically pleasing awnings.
Let's take a deeper look at why polycarbonate is the perfect material for door and window awnings.
What Are Polycarbonate Awnings?
Polycarbonate awnings are outdoor structures designed to provide shade and protection from weather elements. They are constructed using polycarbonate, a type of thermoplastic that's incredibly durable, lightweight, and resistant to both high and low temperatures.
Unlike traditional awnings made from fabric or metal, polycarbonate awnings are transparent, allowing natural light to filter through while blocking harmful UV rays. They are typically installed over windows, doors, patios, or decks, providing a shield against rain, snow, and intense sunlight.
Polycarbonate awnings come in various designs, offering flexibility to match the aesthetic of any building. Solid Polycarbonate looks like glass, while Multiwall Polycarbonate is more cost-effective and has different colours, such as clear, opal and bronze.
Solid Polycarbotane Sheet Multiwall Clear Polycarbonate Sheet
They are also non-retractable and designed to be a permanent fixture, providing year-round protection.
The strength and resilience of polycarbonate make the material a popular choice for both home and business awnings. When compared to "traditional" awnings, the advantages of polycarbonate awnings are numerous.
The Advantages of Polycarbonate Awnings
Plastic might not be the first material that springs to mind when you think of awnings, but polycarbonate is no ordinary plastic. The properties of this material make it the perfect choice for any awning. Included among the benefits of polycarbonate awnings are:
- Durability and Strength: Polycarbonate is 200 times stronger than glass, making it incredibly resistant to impacts and capable of withstanding harsh weather conditions.
- Long Lifespan: Thanks to their resistance to UV rays, weather, and fire, polycarbonate awnings can last up to 10 years, making them a long-term investment.
- Security and Safety: These awnings serve as a protective shield for your doors and windows against foreign objects, and their opacity can provide privacy.
- Practicality and Economy: Polycarbonate awnings are cost-effective, easy to install, and require minimal maintenance, making them a practical choice for many homeowners.
- Aesthetic Appeal: With their modern look and three available colours, polycarbonate awnings can enhance the aesthetic appeal of any building.
- Energy Efficiency: By blocking direct sunlight while allowing cool air to enter, polycarbonate awnings can help regulate indoor temperature, potentially saving on energy costs.
- Light Transmission: In addition to their strength and durability, solid polycarbonate awnings are transparent, allowing natural light to pass through while blocking harmful UV rays.
Additionally, polycarbonate sheeting is available in a range of thicknesses to suit any project. At Plastic Solutions, we have a comprehensive range of polycarbonate sheeting suitable for any awning. We can even cut them to size for you. We can also supply multi-wall polycarbonate sheeting for added insulation and strength.
Choosing the Right Polycarbonate Awning
Choosing the right polycarbonate awning isn't difficult, and when combined with how easily these are installed, the whole process is simple. Among the factors to consider when choosing the right polycarbonate awning are:
- Material Thickness: The thickness of the polycarbonate sheet used in the awning can affect its durability and lifespan. Thicker sheets tend to be more robust and long-lasting.
- Shape and Design: Polycarbonate awnings come in various shapes and designs. Choose one that complements the architectural style of your building and meets your specific needs.
- Colour: Solid polycarbonate has a clear like glass aesthetics and the multiwall comes in three colour options. Select a colour that matches or complements the exterior of your building.
- Size: Consider the size of the area you want to cover. Make sure the awning is large enough to provide adequate protection but not so large that it overwhelms your outdoor space.
- UV Protection: Ensure the polycarbonate awning has a UV protective layer to block harmful UV rays, which can cause skin damage and fade outdoor furniture.
- Manufacturer's Reputation: Choose a reputable manufacturer to ensure you're getting a high-quality product. Look for reviews and ratings to gauge customer satisfaction.
- Installation Process: Consider whether you want to install the awning yourself or hire a professional. Some polycarbonate awnings are easier to install than others.
At first glance, choosing the right polycarbonate awning might not seem that simple, but with a little forethought and preparation, it is much simpler than with other types of awning. If you need any help with the process, our experts at Plastic Solutions will be delighted to help.
Polycarbonate: The Clear Choice for All Your Awning Needs
The benefits of using polycarbonate for your awnings are numerous and substantial. Robust and lightweight, polycarbonate awnings are easy to install and will last for longer than most other options.
They offer a unique blend of practicality, durability, and aesthetic appeal that sets them apart from traditional awning materials. With their ability to withstand harsh weather conditions, provide UV protection, and enhance the look of your building, polycarbonate awnings are a smart investment for any property owner.
Contact us today to find out more about how polycarbonate is transforming the world of awnings. Discover the clear advantages of this innovative material and elevate your outdoor spaces with the strength, style, and sustainability of polycarbonate awnings.